Birth name: Analyn Combis (Ana means Grace; Lyn means Lion-like)
Zodiac sign: Aquarius
Chinese zodiac: Earth Sheep
Age: still young (come to my class and verify..)
Generation: X (Xennial)
DNA Composition: Spanish, Japanese and Malay
Educational Background: Bachelor in Secondary Education with Majors in Physics and Mathematics
University of San Carlos (Cebu, Philippines)
Master in Science Teaching Major in Physics
(I completed my academic units but not my thesis because by that time, I was already
offered a job by LAUSD. One of my goals is still to complete my graduate studies.)
De La Salle University (Manila, Philippines)
Hobbies: Sleeping and Eating (a perfect combination!)
Hidden Talent: Enroll in my class and find the answer
Romantic Status: not a major concern of yours (right?)
Average Grades in the Sciences:
High School College
MATH A A
CHEMISTRY B A
BIOLOGY C B
PHYSICS A C
Questions about my grades and why am I in the Physics classroom? That's for you to find out!
Best Achievement as a student:
I skipped one grade level (possible because of hardwork, diligence and perseverance).
I earned my degree through full scholarship by the Philippines and Netherlands governments.
Number of years in the teaching profession : 18 (+ SY 2018-19)
Number of years as an LAUSD teacher: 12 (+SY 2018-19)
Number of years as a King Drew teacher: SY 2018-19 will be my first year and I'm excited to be part of the
King Drew Family!
Movie: My Bestfriend's Wedding (because I can relate to it...no more questions!)
Music: Depends on my mood (From classic love songs to alternative rock, I have it in my playlist)
Pastime: Watching Korean drama (have you? watch one and get hooked!)
Show/s: Numbers and The Blacklist
Hollywood Actor/s: Hugh Jackman (when he is Wolverine), Johnny Depp (when he is Capt. Sparrow)
Hollywood Actresses: all time favorite Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep
Avenger: Captain America! (Don't argue with me on this!)
Disney Princess: Ariel (Don't ask me to sing. You will regret it!)
Animated Film (by far): Coco! It has the same practices and core values with the Filipino culture.
Ask me a Question:
1. Is Physics hard? I'm not going to lie. YES!
2. Is it possible to get an A in Physics? YES!
3. Do you offer extra help? YES!
4. Are you mean? NO!
5. Are you strict? YES!
6. Are you crazy? YES! and NO!
7. Are your classes fun? It depends on your definition of fun. :)
8. Are you a tech savvy? NO! Teach me to be one.
9. Are you one of those popular girls in school? NO!
10. Have you cheated as a student? NO!
11. Have you attempted to cheat?
YES! It was not successful because my heart was pounding so hard that I felt like passing out.
12. Have you skipped class? YES! once in college because the class was VERY boring
13. Have you gotten an F in any of your courses? oh YES! even a zero , nothing written on my paper!
14. Have you been bullied in school? oh YES!
15. Do you listen to the songs of..
Taylor Swift? NO Rihanna? YES
Arianna Grande? NO Beyonce? YES
Selena Gomez? NO JLO? YES
Justin Bieber? NO Celine Dion? YES
One Direction? NO Madonna? YES
16. Are you a fan of the Kardashians? DEFINITELY NO
17. What is your advice as a student for students taking Physics to be successful?
Study every day and every night. Make use of all available resources from watching videos on youtube and all other websites, to having group discussions with your peers (create a group chat or the like), to staying after school once a week to work with your peers and your teacher.
Be an active student in the classroom.
It's okay to commit mistakes.
18. What is your advice as a teacher for students taking Physics to be successful?
Work with me. Give me the best versions of yourselves and I will give you the best version of myself.
Here's the Summer Assignment for AP Physics 2. Check AP Physics 1 Summer Assignment for notebook format.
For now, you need college ruled notebook and a calculator. I will finalize everything once I have access to the website you're going to use to complete the course (It is a student-paced online course).